Monday, June 2, 2014

Helicopter To The Throat!

Walking my dog today  I was assaulted by a seed.

A stiff wind... a brittle pod-wing twirling in the wind trying to find a place to take root... sounds charming, doesn't it?

No. This is not a fairy tale.

I'm pretty sure that a certain maple seed had envisioned itself as some sort of ninja throwing star.  That thing came hurling at me with INTENT.

I barely had time to comprehend the situation, my brain registering a golden blur in front of me when it slashed at my throat.

Startled, I could not even utter a scream, the stunning sting of the weapon silencing me and sending me into shock.

How could this have happened in my neighborhood?  What could motivate this seed to become a killer?  Why would the helicopter have chosen me, of all the people it encountered today?

I....really need to stop watching Investigation Discovery shows on Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment